Funding for South Australia
Health Industry Training is proud to be a preferred supplier for the South Australia government’s WorkReady initiative. You may be eligible for government subsidised training if you live or work in South Australia and you are:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent Australian resident, or
- an eligible visa holder
and you are:
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
- 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
- undertaking training through a training contract as an apprentice or trainee in an identified course
Eligible people may access:
- one foundation skills course (if assessed to need it)
- up to five bridging units at every qualification level (if assessed to need them)
- unlimited priority courses.
Based on your training and employment level, you may also access the following:
|Highest accredited non-school qualification at first enrolment||Accessible courses|
|No qualification or an unemployed job seeker who is registered with an Employment Service Provider|
|Qualification up to certificate II level|
|Completed a certificate III or above (including university qualifications)|
You can enrol in a maximum of two subsidised courses at a time.
All students are required to demonstrate effective Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing. Your reading, writing and numeracy skills will be assessed using the online Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA). The LLN test is used to determine whether you will be required to undertake additional support units alongside your qualification or undertake a pathway course before commencing your chosen qualification.
Courses available under the South Australia government’s WorkReady Initiative by Health Industry Training
* The fees listed above are for non-concession students. Students with a concession card will be charged a lower fee for units of competency commenced before the expiry date of the concession card.
Talk to one of our
friendly advisors today